MetLife Auto & Home® Independent Agents and Property and Casualty Specialists:
As the COVID-19 pandemic and its effects continue to evolve, MetLife Auto & Home is committed to ensuring our customers get the service they expect, keep the coverage they need, and have their claims processed safely. To that end, we are distributing the notice linked below to all of our personal lines customers this week:
Please review this customer notice on COVID-19.
All customers for whom we have an email address (and have not declined to receive email from us) will receive the notice. The information will also be posted onwww.MetLife.com. Please keep in mind:
- The Payment & Billing Leniency information in the notice supersedes any national or state-specific billing accommodations or holds that would have expired prior to 7/1/20. Specifically:
- Through 7/1/20 we will not cancel or non-renew any active policy for non-payment.
- Customers do not need to request leniency or accommodations.
- Where an individual state asks for accommodations above and beyond these customer accommodations, we will comply with the state requirement.
- Agents should contact 1-800-255-0332 for questions or help on customer billing.
- Our claim organization will reduce person-to-person contact wherever possible while processing claims as expeditiously as possible.
- We’ve worked with CyberScout to expand Identity Protection Services.
Please review the national customer notice above for more details and legal disclaimers. We have also developed these agency FAQs to help you answer questions from your customers.
In uncertain times, remember that you can count on MetLife Auto & Home to do what is in our power to make your job easier, and make sure we are there when our customers need us most. Stay safe and remember that you’re not alone. Together we will get through this.
Head of Property & Casualty, MetLife Auto & Home®